Food Pillar Day 1!!
“You know what ELSE everybody likes? Parfaits! Have you ever met a person, you say, ‘Let’s get some parfait,’ they say, ‘Hell no, I don’t like no parfait.’? Parfaits are delicious! Parfait’s gotta be the most delicious thing on the whole damn planet!” – Donkey
That there is one of my favorite Pixar movies and I love it even more in spanish. Today, I made an apple parfait. We’re spoiled in Austin, because we have some baller famers like Yegua Creek Farms who do stuff like put Vietnamese cinnamon on pecans and make them even more delicious. This can be a Clean breakfast or desert too!
Donkey Apple Parfait Recipe:
- 1-2 organic apples chopped into small aquares
- gluten-free granola (make your own or use Udi’s)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional, apples have natural sweetness)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Yogurt (coconut or almond yogurt if you’re Clean, I try to avoid soy at most costs)
- 1 teaspoon Coconut or walnut oil
- local honey (optional)
- pecans, walnuts, cashews (optionals)
Warm up teaspoon of oil in sautee pan, add maple syrup and heat. Then add chopped apples and caramelize, sprinkle cinnamon about 4 minutes in. Total caramelizing takes about 5- 8 minutes.
Start layering granola on the bottom, then add two teaspoons of yogurt, then apples, top with nuts or seeds, then repeat.
Then EAT and say:
“Parfait’s gotta be the most delicious thing on the whole damn planet!”